|Garden Freebies - free stuff for gardeners in the UK
& Morgan FREE P&P on your order - no minimum spend required! Save yourself
up to £6.90. This offer is available now and ends midnight Monday. Buy
your autumn planting vegetables, spring flowering bulbs and any perennials or
bareroots for autumn despatching.
Money saving ideas for the Garden
Seasonal DIY products
UK Garden Freebies Money saving ideas
- Make compost - recycle all the green waste you make.
- Grow plants from seed - its cheaper
- Swap cuttings with your neighbours
- Save plastic pots for use as plant pots
- Grow veggies - its easy whether you grow a few lettuces in a pot or
rows and rows of veggies.
- plant a fruit tree or too - you'll get free food!
- Save rainwater for watering the plants *You might need to cadge a
barrel to do this cheaply. This is a great idea if you're on a water
- If you're preparing a brand new vegetable patch you can cover the
soil with old carpet and this will supress the weeds and kill them off.
- You can grow driedbeans and dried seeds - that you get from the supermarket.
As long as they've not been cooked - so those dried in bags and not
the ones in cans will grow.
- Garlic cloves can be planted and these will grow too! A bulb for every
- Ginger will grow. It makes a nice house plant too.
- Fresh veg seed might well grow - but it might not always come true
to how you'd expect Well worth a try, especially if the kids want to
- If you have a tenants or residents group ask if they have a tool
hire scheme - they might well have and if they don't they might start
one up if there is enough demand!
- Look for bargains on garden furniture towards the middle or end of
Garden Freebies is intended to provide you with a
list of free stuff for your garden as well as articles about gardening,
free seeds, special offers on gardening tools and equipment as well as
loads of other info on gardening in the UK.